The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades represents a growing force of men and women in the United States and Canada who work in the Finishing Trades – Industrial & Commercial Painting, Drywall Finishing, Glazing & Glass Work, Sign & Display and Floor Covering Installation, and many more successful careers in the construction industry and public sector.
As Union carpenters, we follow a long tradition of craftsmanship and take great pride in our trades and our members. Our livelihood as individuals and our success as a Union are dependent upon our ability to provide signatory partners with well-trained, qualified and motivated workers. The industry standards are high because we set the standard for safety, quality and professionalism.
Organized in 1864, the OPCMIA has represented and trained plasterers and cement masons for the purpose of protecting and promoting the quality of our industry and the livelihood of our members. Plaster and concrete are ageless building materials that will not fall out of favor as long as there is a sufficient amount of workers who are skilled in the arts of installation and finishing.
LIUNA – the Laborers’ International Union of North America – is a powerhouse of workers who are proud to build the United States and Canada. A half-million strong, we are united through collective bargaining agreements which help us earn family-supporting pay, good benefits and the opportunity for advancement and better lives.
Other Web sites you may find helpful. Click on them to learn more:
- Finest in the Finishing Trades
- Association of Wall and Ceiling Industry
- Northwest Wall and Ceiling Bureau
- Northwest Wall and Ceiling Bureau – Oregon Chapter
- Signatory Painting Contractors Organization
- Signatory Floor Covering Contractors
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades District Council #5
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration
- Oregon Climate Service
- Finishing Contractors Association
- Regional Training Center
- Earth Advantage Institute
- Northwest Council of Carpenters
- Pacific Northwest Carpenter Institute
- Operative Plasterers’ and Cement Masons’ International Association
- Laborers International Union of North America (LIUNA) Northwest Region
- SWACCA: National Alliance of Signatory Wall and Ceiling Contractors